Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Probability with lollies

Today we practised probability using fruit burst lollies. First we counted the lollies we were using. Then we counted how many of each colour. Then I had to work out what the probability was of picking out each colour. I picked 12 lollies - 4 red, 2 yellow, 1 purple, 3 green, 2 orange. The probability of picking orange was 2 in 12. The probability of picking green was 3 in 12. The probability of picking red was 4 in 12. The probability of picking yellow was 2 in 12. The probability of picking purple was 1 in 12. I learnt that the probability of picking red was higher because there was a higher number in the bag. I learnt that the probability of picking purple was low because there was a lower number in the bag.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lewys,
    Well done on your efforts with the probability task! You were right with your estimations in picking each lolly colour. Did you actually give it a go? It would be interesting to see your results, but maybe you have eaten all the lollies by now? I know I would have!! You could also use lego or pegs as another option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lewys, I love that you have played this game using Fruit Bursts! Did you eat them at the end of the game? From this blog post, I can see that you are understanding the ideas around probability that were taught last week. This week we will continue with probability and look at making fractions with the results that we have. Keep up the great work, Lewys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lewys,
    Your picture is making me hungry? Good on you for using Fruit bursts. You have showed your understanding of probability and had fun doing it. Your positive attitude to learning is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lewys,
    I really like how you put a picture in. Maybe next time you can add a question at the end of the blog. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lewys! Amazing! I like how you used lollies to count! That should get a lot of people intrested! Great! Just a suggestion here, maybe next time time you could create a slideshow to show your understanding? That would make it even better! Bye!

    ReplyDelete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post